Shrink Film Double Bubble lines DX-Tron and D-Tron series
D-Tron series is an extrusion line with a non-contact simultaneous orientation section that produces film with high shrink properties. DX-Tron series is a sophisticated version of the double bubble line with more layers including barrier layers which provide unique features such as high-shrink and oxygen barrier properties.
Extrusion System D-Tron and DX-Tron series
D-Tron and DX-Tron series use a double bubble technology for simultaneous orientation: polymers extruded through a circular die and directly water-quenched form a thick primary tube which is then reheated to the orientation temperature and immediately re-blown to stretch the second bubble creating thin and very strong finished film:
- Bi-axial orientation provides film with special characteristics such as high shrinkage, stiffness, tear and puncture resistance at thin gauge – high film yield, reduces packaging weight.
- Multilayer structure gives the film good sealing properties, required coefficient of friction and surface properties e.g. anti-fog – good process ability in packaging equipment.
- DX-Tron series lines are versatile and also produce barrier film – ideal for food packaging.
- DX-Tron series lines are available from 5 to 24 layers where the number of layers can be increased by implementing Tronoplast layer duplication technology – film can be thinner, stronger and clearer.
|Number of layers||3-5||5-24||3-5||5-24|
|Number of extruders||3-5||5-11||3-5||5-11|
|Thickness Range , micron||10-35||10-35||10-35||10-35|
|Net output @ 20 micron, kg/h||200-300||200-300||200-300||200-300|
|Mechanical Line Speed, m/min||100||100||100||100|
|Core ID, mm||152||152||152||152|
|Roll OD, mm||600||600||600||600|
|Raw material||PE, copolymers, terpolymers, PP||PE, copolymers, terpolymers, PP, tie resins, EVOH||PE, copolymers, terpolymers, PP||PE, copolymers, terpolymers, PP, tie resins, EVOH|
- Electron beam cross-linking unit – improves mechanical properties, allows down gauging